Thrive Training is a certificated course involving 3 days’ worth of training over 3 months with some additional work-based learning. This is the most intensive option within the Thrive Learning Programme and is particularly suited to those working full time in this field, including both managers and practitioners. It is open to those based in Scotland and is currently free of charge.
The Thrive Training course is divided into 3 modules which cover the PLAN, DO, REVIEW cycle.
Module 1: PLAN
- identifying Need
- setting Outcomes
- mapping the Community
- finding out more about the People you will work with
Module 2: DO
- planning delivery: What, How, Where, When and Who
- identifying key Indicators
- developing evaluation Methods
- collecting Evidence
Module 3: REVIEW
- Collating and Analysing evidence
- Learning from analysis
- Sharing and Acting on learning
Each module follows the same format:
- an online self assessment
- a day’s worth of training
- training materials available to download
- a reflective practice exercise
- an online discussion session relating to the reflective practice exercise
- a follow-up self assessment
The course has given me more confidence when tackling a project through our organisation. It has given me the building blocks to manage a funding stream and deliver a project.
I learned so much from you both over the last few years. Who would have thought I would love evaluation? Thanks for unlocking the inner evaluation Champion in me!
Face to face training
3 full days of training
Face to face training is currently suspended due to COVID-19.
6 half days of online training
This version of the training is currently being developed and will be available from summer 2021.
If you want to be kept informed when Thrive Training becomes available, either face to face or online, please complete the form on our home page.